Hydration is the key to a healthy life. Lack of water in the body can cause dehydration which can result in unclear thinking, mood swings, feeling fatigued and lethargic and can also result in severe health issues like kidney stones. Water also helps us get rid of the toxic substances, regulates body temperature, aids in digestion, and protects your organs. No matter how healthy you eat, if you don’t hydrate your body well, it will all go in vain. Most people don’t even realise that their body is dehydrated. So, here are 10 signs that tell you aren’t hydrated enough.
1. Dry mouth: That sticky nasty feeling is a sign of hydration. So, avoid sugary drinks and drink a glass of water.
2. Dry skin: Whatever happens in your body it is reflected through your skin. Dry and flaky skin can mean dehydration. To get glowing and healthy skin, you must hydrate.
3. Increased thirst : That is a direct signal. Don’t wait and quench your thirst.
4. Dry eyes: A lack of water in the body can cause dryness which can further cause irritation to eyes.
5. Body pain: Hydrated bodies tend to be more flexible. Water keeps your bones and joints healthy and flexible.
6. Muscle pain: Dehydration can also lead to muscle aches.
7. Delay in recovery : If you stay sick for long and always hustle to recover from slight health problems , dehydration can be one of the main reasons.
8. Feeling lazy: Dehydration can lead to decreased blood volume that puts excess pressure on the heart and muscles causing weakness and fatigue.
9. Feeling hungry: When the body is dehydrated it might indicate that it needs food leading to a false hunger sensation.
10. Heartburn and indigestion: Water plays a major role in digestion and hence lack of water can cause digestion issues leading to gas which might cause heartburn.